07620 - Sheet Metal Gutter Systems & Downspouts
- Manufacturers: Subject to compliance with requirements, provide products manufactured by: NorthClad Rainscreen Solutions, 11831 Beverly Park Road, Everett, WA 98024, Phone: (425) 487-1111, E-mail: email@example.com, Website: www.northclad.com.
- Pre-finished ANSI/ASTM A653 galvanized steel, minimum 24 gauge.
- Exterior Finish: Polyvinlidene Flouride (PVF2) minimum 70% Kynar resin (K-600) dry film thickness 0.8 mils minimum.
- Exterior Primer: Baked on epoxy primer coat dry film thickness 0.2 mils minimum.
- Total exterior dry film thickness: 1.0 mils minimum.
- Color: As selected by architect from manufacturer’s standard colors.
- Interior finish: Factory standard prime-coat, dry film thickness 0.5 mils minimum
- Gutters: Shall be of free floating design supported without penetration by suspension from a gutter cleat, gutters shall be formed in continuous sections of profile and size indicated.
- Anchorage Devices: Type as recommended by fabricator.
- Gutter Straps: Minimum 20 gauge perforated stainless steel cleat system as manufactured by NorthClad Rainscreen Solutions. Holes to be 3/8� minimum on a 1/2� stagger. Provide 8� wide cleanouts @ 10′-0� o.c. where continuous stainless clip is used; 2� wide 16 gauge minimum straps spaced at no more than 18� o.c. if continuous system is not used.
- Expansion joints: Provide manufacturer’s standard expansion joint assemblies allowing for minimum 3/4� thermal movement; spacing per manufacturer.
- Downspouts: Manufacturer’s standard of type and gauge as indicated on drawings.
- Downspout Brackets: Fabricate brackets to match color, finish, and thickness of downspouts unless otherwise indicated.
- Form sections square, true, and accurate in size. Form gutter free from distortion or defects detrimental to appearance or performance. Allow for expansion at corners and joints.
- Field measure conditions prior to fabricating work.
- Roll form gutters in longest practical lengths.
- Examine surfaces and verify that surfaces are ready to receive work.
- Install gutters, downspouts, and accessories in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Provide manufacturer’s standard expansion joints at 50′-0� o.c. maximum. Sections of less than 50′-0� shall be roll formed continuous without joints of any kind.
- Apply bituminous protective backing on surfaces in contact with dissimilar metals.
- Seal all joints watertight.
END OF SECTION